Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why some customers shouldn't shop!

Alright, so I got up today to find out I've run out of groceries ~ yaye! ~.~

For those that don't know me, let it be known that I can get pretty upset to start a day without a solid breakfast. So, there I went to a cafe to get breakfast and then on to a grocery shopping spree to stock up. I found the following exchange between the store employee and a customer pretty amusing... until I got dragged into it.
Other Customer: "The buns I bought from you does not taste like chicken at all!"
Worker: "Sorry sir, what was that again?"
Other Customer
: "Just what kind of chicken are these buns made of?" (he was literally shouting now).
Worker
: "Sir, they are buns; they are not made of chicken..."
Other Customer
: "I need your manager right NOW!"
(The manager shows up and begins talking to the person. I pass by and check out my stuff at the next counter trying my best to ignore the man, then looking at my cart he suddenly turns to me...)
Other Customer
: "Young lady, would you tell these people that these buns are wrong? These are sweet and flavorless. These possibly can't be made with chicken!"
Me
: *startled* "Oh... Umm" (The worker and the manager stare at me intently hoping that the other customer would take my word).
Other Customer
: "Well? you bought plenty of it."
Me
: "Actually these are breakfast buns; they are sweet because its made with honey, butter, and flour." (Then I quickly turn to pay and pickup my stuff)
Other Customer
: *laughs out loud* "Look here, I'm not sure what you all are trying to pull here; buns are NOT made with flour..."
Me
: *wondering which planet he came from* "Umm... you're right. I'm don't know what came over me, these definitely are not made with chicken. In this store they make it tofu, now if you'll excuse me I have to get going. Take care!" (I put up fake smile, and a nod)
Other Customer
: *completely calm, and smiling again* "Oh... is that all? Geez these guys should have told me just that."
(Both the worker and the manager stood there staring at the person speechlessly.)

Phew... for the sake of my sanity I better shop elsewhere from now on. Also, I think I should make sure not to get a part-time job in a grocery store just to be safe. *nods* *nods*

No comments:

Post a Comment