Saturday, January 23, 2010

To otaku or not to otaku... is the question.

At my evening part-time job today, a computer peripherals and repair store where I'm in charge of speakers and sound systems. My boss came to me and asked for advice. Now, my boss is a middle-aged woman who is both intelligent and beautiful. She was genuinely worried that her 8 year old daughter was becoming an elite otaku, an otaku is just a person with an obsessive interest in anything but mostly animes, manga, games etc. However, they are greatly misunderstood in today's society.

In her daughter's case it was anime and cuteness overload (good taste in my humble opinion! *glomps chibi-chan*). The trouble is, the kid adapts to the personality and behavior of ANY of her favorite characters in a series she presently seems to be watching. Everyone at the store knows that I have a healthy addiction towards anything anime, BUT I'm an adult so I can keep things in moderation and not make a fool out of myself. :3

Well my boss wanted me to meet her daughter later this weekend and set her straight, hoping that she might listen to me - a fellow anime lover. (I could have sworn she was going to say fellow otaku, how rude!) ^-^'

No comments:

Post a Comment